10 Fascinating Facts About Modern Relationships
Announcement: old-fashioned courting is dead! Long live finding love online. (That was quite a mouthful ... That's what she said! ... Sorry.)
Basically, relationships and the rules are a 'changing. The stats about modern love are pretty fascinating, according to a 2014 survey done by MSNBC. Here are 10 cold, hard truths about dating in modern times, starring the beautiful faces of our own E! Online readers! If you want to be featured in a future article, scroll on down to see how to get the chance to see your face on this site!
1. 44% of the American population is single (starring @theblondmess)
Almost half of the humans walking around this country are unattached and not getting dragged to Farmers Markets on Saturday morning at 7 a.m. Lucky bastards.
2. 40 million Americans use online dating services (starring @tonstr)
Sometimes opening up your laptop and performing a search is easier (and better) than wandering around the bar scene. But whether you are online or offline, there will be creeps. Be safe in/out there.
3. 53% of single people say that the smile is the most attractive feature (starring@ninaagha)
What's that quote everyone used to have in their AIM profiles? "Never frown, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile." So remember that.
4. It takes an average of one hour to make a first impression on a woman (starring @ashlyncoray and @antonioalba13)
That means you have an episode of Scandal's time worth to impress a lady. Or two episodes of Parks and Recreation, if you will.
5. For men, it only takes 15 minutes to make an impression on them (starring @nicklanchoand @jazzmean_b)
Apparently men are much quicker to decide if they are into you or not.
6. 63% of married couples say they met their spouse through a friend (starring @ray8611,@lordtifa and @reesetea)
Hey, maybe your best buddy is hiding the future love of your life! Not like in a basement or anything. That would be weird. And hopefully you wouldn't be friends with someone like that.
7. A whopping 88% of women find money to be "very important" in a relationship (starring@yourfavoritenikki)
Money isn't everything, people. But if you can't afford to take her out to McDonald's every once in a while, you might not be able to keep her for long.
8. Speaking of cash, the number one argument among couples? Money, obviously (starring @ashasingmusic and @workofsam)
Get your Amazon spending habit in check if you don't want knock-down, drag-out fights in your future. Sure, you might not to be able to get the Sherlock box set, but at least you'll be able to afford groceries.
9. In the Washington, D.C. area, 70% of the adults are unmarried
They liked it, but maybe they didn't need to put a ring on it. Sometimes Beyoncé is wrong, you guys. (Don't tell her we said that!)
10. Only 2% of men said they found relationships from going to bars (starring @bobbyphenomenal, @juanpivargas, @leximendieta, @humbleashecanbe and @ani_reenea)
Lower than you expected, right? That would explain the spike in online dating. Science!
- Issue Behind Loving A Married Woman
- Stop Comparing Your Relationship With Others: 3 Ti...
- Getting The Passion Back In Your Relationship
- Would You Enter Orgasms School?
- Sex for Women with Low Back Pain