Christmas holidays can be a lonely time for both men and women especially when you are single and on your own. However on the positive side being single gives you the time and flexibility to create the perfect holiday for yourselves, to enjoy the time with family or friends or not if thats the way you want. So enjoy ... Susan
Being Single During the Holidays
The holidays are supposed to be the most happiest time of the year; exchanging gifts, sharing stories and being in the company of someone you love is the picture that's painted everywhere we look. The shopping malls are filled with images of couples and families joined around a glamorously lit Christmas tree, or snuggled on the couch sipping hot cocoa while watching reruns of Christmas classics. But this isn't the pretty picture for so many single women. I say women because the reality is that many single men look at Christmas and New Years as a "wallet buster" and can't wait to be over.
In fact, most of the single men are simply looking for a place they can crash a holiday party and stumble across a single/lonely/sexually frustrated woman who's tired of being single, lonely and sexually frustrated. Don't let this be you ladies. Just because you're single and the holidays are here doesn't mean you should get desperate. Keep your head, chest and pants up this holiday season and stay off your back. So if you're wondering "What's a single girl to do during the holidays?" I'm going to give you a few helpful tips to set you on your way.
1) Invite family and friends over. If you're not in a relationship, SO WHAT??? You've still got family and friends, so make a holiday dinner, ask your family members and friends to bring drinks and snacks, throw on some music and you've got a party! This will prove to be so much more valuable than settling for a "pop up guy" who wasn't there before the holidays and probably won't be there after.
2) Take yourself out to dinner. If you're by yourself, you shouldn't be lonely/bored. To be lonely or bored is to suggest that you're not much fun to be around. If that is the case, it's time to break that cycle so that hopefully in the near future you can meet a romantic interest. In the mean time, get out of the house and treat yourself to a nice dinner. I'm quite sure there will be other single men and women who are doing the exact same thing. And if they are, you're on your way to making new friends.
3) Attend a family gathering Surely someone in your circle of family and friends is hosting a holiday party. This is your chance to connect with like-minded individuals in a fun, safe environment that will keep your mind off of being single. Who knows, there may be that one guy who isn't family, isn't a friend and is single and ready to mingle... with you. You won't find this kind of opportunity at home.
4) Get out and site see. Check out some of the local festivities and explore some of the food and culture it has to offer. Not only is this a healthy solution for you to get out and enjoy yourself, but it's also a great way to meet new people. Whether you meet the love of your life or not, it's a great way to expand your network with positive people.
5) Stay Positive! Being single is not the end of the world. When it's your time it's your time. You can only claim one relationship status at a time and right now, yours just happens to be single. Enjoy it while you can! Bring that positive attitude with you everywhere you go and you're status will shift in no time.
Post a Comment